Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im new to this and i just bought my Grand NAtional. I would however like to start putting AFTERMARKET parts for my car. Any help would be appreciated. Thxs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well first of all, you have to decide how fast you want to go. Are you going to race it at a qtr mile track? Know about what et's your trying to achieve? Cause that's the first thing you should think about. Personally, I'm going for 11.5-11.8 in the qtr and that's it for my car. If your looking for the 10's and faster, your lookin at some serious bucks. Get as much info about each part as you can. Spend only one time on a high quality part and have piece of mind that you'll have less parts failure due to being too cheap. Oh and BTW, don't just throw parts at it and expect it to go fast because these things are a pain to tune properly. More $$$ doesn't = faster. The VERY FIRST item on your list is a scanmaster. It tells you what your engine is doing It's about $249.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No i dont want to race the car...im igh tfiddle with taking it to the track sometime just to see how it goes but that will be an exception to the rule. Im looking for more or less stock or excellent stock replacements. Thxs.
Originally posted by paulandmarion:
Ok im new to this and i just bought my Grand NAtional. I would however like to start putting AFTERMARKET parts for my car. Any help would be appreciated. Thxs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have the Lo Tek Data Pillars? Like or dont like them? Thxs. What gauges should i pop in? I was thinking Oil Temp and Oil Pressure gauge.....think i need any other gauges? Volts Water ??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cause the stock boost gauge is useless after 15psi and if yur not gonna bring it above 15psi then you aint havin no fun

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL! ok GOt me convinced.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
First, read all you can over at www.gnttype.org especially the recipe section. Fuel pump upgrade w/hotwire should be high on the things to do list. If you are gonna stay within stock parameters get a 237 fuel pressure regulator or an adj. one. Pop in a Thrasher chip, gut the cat, thread the wastegate actuator rod and adj. the boost as per the Thrasher website (need the boost gauge now
I was running 21lbs in first, 20lbs in second and 18lbs in third). Get a scanmaster, cannot tune the car without some type of scantool. With these mods on 93 octane should put you around mid 13s @ 102 mph (locking the tcc).

The vendor section on gnttype.org will point you to all the parts you could ever want

Mike

[This message has been edited by VIN7 (edited April 09, 2001).]

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I agree go to the vendors section of that site and start acquiring catalogs. Postons, and Kirbans catalogs are a must.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts