Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents are in the process of buying a 87 GN tomorrow (Mon 8/12) and are told that their is a small problem with the brakes and no one in the Springfield MA area knows what the problem is or how to fix it.

Here's what I'm told... Can you help?

Brakes feel spongy when they test drove it. Do you know of any known problems with brakes on a 1987. did the system have a leak.

2 previous GM mechanics said they remember that they'd swap the system out (master cyclinder and booster).

Is this a common problem? Lost of $$ to fix? Or, should we stay away?

Please help!!!! One day, i'm going to inherit my Eleanor and we don't want to buy it if it's gonna cost a lot to fix.

Also, any trusted Mechanics in the Northampton/Springfield, MA area?

·
Older than dirt
2,718 Posts
Real simple fix...

Call Jack Cotton, Cottons Performance, in Agawam. He'll fix you right up.
He's the go to guy in your area....:yup:

Welcome To CottonsPerformance.com!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Call Jack Cotton, Cottons Performance, in Agawam. He'll fix you right up.
He's the go to guy in your area....:yup:

Welcome To CottonsPerformance.com!
Jack Cotton is "good people". About a month ago I pulled the cover off my '87 after many years of storage. Had the dreaded no start issues. I called Jack and discussed the possibilities with him. He sent me a used set of injectors to swap in and see if it would start. The car started and ran well with the chip I had. Asked him for recommendations on injectors and chip, and he sent me to TT as I would get a better price than if I bought the same combo from him. Now that's customer service even though he did not make a dime off me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Turbo Cover

Hi All!

Trying to help my mom out and need your help!

She's looking for a polished Turbo Cover. Any ideas where we can get one? She has 87 GN.

Thanks!
Michael

:6::6::6::6:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts