Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just got some new bumper strips for the front and back. Problem is, whenever you buy them from the dealer anymore, they have that white stripe painted in the recessed area. I have heard everything from use nail polish to remove the white paint, or use a black marker to color it in. I don't want it to look cheesy, can someone recommend what really works? Thanks..

------------------

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Originally posted by Orlando_87GN:
Hi all. Just got some new bumper strips for the front and back. Problem is, whenever you buy them from the dealer anymore, they have that white stripe painted in the recessed area. I have heard everything from use nail polish to remove the white paint, or use a black marker to color it in. I don't want it to look cheesy, can someone recommend what really works? Thanks..

I used gloss black model paint and a tiny paint brush...it took more time than it was worth. Looks good though.

G

·
Mike,
Use some brake kleen to rub out the line. Then use some bumper black from AZ to paint the whole strip. This stuff works great but only after the strip is totaly clean of any oils.

Good Luck

------------------
http://www.gnttype.org/carofthemonth/archive/sub1/comdetails.html

Louie Lopez

1987 GN
GN 1 heads & intake,1.65 T&D's, 210/210 , JC TE-45,TH DP, V2 IC, PMAC, PI 9.5 LU,Stage Right, 72# MSD,Dual intank pumps,Max Effort, Hooker Exhaust

436 hp 549 ft tq
@ 19-20 psi,100 octane,20deg

95 Ford Lightning
One rusty car trailer

·
Registered
65 Posts
Laquer thinner works the best at removing the white stripe and does not hurt or discolor the black.

------------------
Bruno"s Buicks,Just trying to save the breed,one animal at a time

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Lacquer thinner..

------------------
------------------
Steve Wood

86 GN bought new, 87 T-type-81 El Camino with GN drive train-basically stock 86, 94 Caprice 9C1, 69 SS396 Camaro Convertible

·
Registered
309 Posts
Take it to one of those self serve car washes with the high pressure sprayers...set it on rinse but don't pull the trigger...the spray coming out will be enough...the white stripe will come off easily...worked for me a few weeks ago with a new one...

M. Scott DeVal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts