Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted the upper dash panel for the tan interior? My friend got an uper dash panel, where the speakers go. It only comes in blue so we have to paint it(Ordered it from Kirban). If anyone has done this, what colors did you use to match this. I ordered "Light Buckskin" "Palomino", and "Camel." I hope they match. I orderted them from the Eastwood Company. I also got the no sand primer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
go to a automotive paint supply store bring a piece for them to color match and they will mix it to match exactly. I did several plastic interior items for my tan interior and they match exactly

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much does somthin like this cost?? Is it expensive. I have a place near me. Thanks for any additional info! headbang

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just dyed some dash panels..Find a place that supplies your upholstery business.The stuff that they sell is lots lots better than the cheapo dye stuff they sell in auto places.Lots more color choices too..You need to clean and prep surface real good for best results.. The stuff I used was around $9.00 a can. George

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not the cheapo stuff in an auto parts store, the good stuff from a automotive paint supply store. They can mix a pint or quart of dupont or other quality automotive paints and then make up a spray can for you if you don't have a gun to shoot it. I think I paid around $20 a quart a few years ago. If you have it mixed instead of buying bulk pre-mixed cans, they can match your interior color exactly. Then use a paint pre-cleaner on the parts before you spray them and they will last a long time.

<small>[ April 02, 2003, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: RX-6 ]</small>

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, those prices don't sound bad at all. We shall see how good it turns out! usa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts