Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
THE MILF MAGNET
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 87 GN has has 0280150218 injectors in it that Steve Wood has ascertained are stock bosch injectors. The car has a Red Armstrong Chip in it and it runs very rich. It stinks bad. And it definately will not pass emissions. Could you guys recommend a chip to run in the car. The car is basically stock except for hooker exhaust and a walbro 340 pump and hot wire kit. I have an adjustable fuel regulator. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks Brad :cheers:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Do you have a catalytic converter on the car? I passed emissions last year when I was using the Red Armstrong 93 chip, plus I bought a brand new cat. converter.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
it's typical of a Red Chip to be very rich down low.

I would try a TT chip. Eric can also make you an emissions chip if need be.

Old injectors may not be spraying correctly, and this does not help, either :)

·
Free Door Removal
1,686 Posts
I say turbotweak too :rocking:

Joe

·
THE MILF MAGNET
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the responses guys. I am going to get a hold of eric amd get a chip from him. These are the original injectors in the car and I was wondering which NEW injectors I should replace them with. Yes the car has a cat on it and it is the original one. This is the last year I have to have it emission checked. The car has an original 30k on it. Any ideas for new injectors guys? The mods to the car are on my original post, just scroll up. Thanks guys. Brad :cheers:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
When you order the chip from Eric tell him you need a chip burned for emissions testing and your combo. I think the emissions chip was $20.00

·
THE MILF MAGNET
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the information gentlemen. Brad :cheers:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
These are the original injectors in the car and I was wondering which NEW injectors I should replace them with
Brad and I were talking yesterday and he is interested in a horsepower increase without sacrificing drivability, he is staying with the stock turbo for now and I fear once a Terry houston down pipe is installed and his hooker cat back the stock injectors will be struggling to keep up.
is anyone running 50lb injectors with a stock turbo?
if 50s can be used it would make future upgrades wide open and I have never had streetability issuse with 50s that is why I was leaning towards them.

other mods were also dicussed but fuel system is first priority

:6:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Long as you have a decent chip, there is no problem

·
Older--but Getting Wiser
2,250 Posts
For now you need just a stock chip--or a chip burned for your stock injectors.

Change injectors--then you need change chip for them. Stay with high impedence (so you stay with stock ECM)--Mototron 60/65's will cover you for many, may mods yet to come...

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
How do we know the condition of 20 year old injectors? :) They do get flaky with age. :) By the time they are cleaned, flowed, etc., we could have spent that $100 on a set that will keep working for a number of years.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
More_Boost!! said:
Brad and I were talking yesterday and he is interested in a horsepower increase without sacrificing drivability, he is staying with the stock turbo for now and I fear once a Terry houston down pipe is installed and his hooker cat back the stock injectors will be struggling to keep up.
is anyone running 50lb injectors with a stock turbo?
if 50s can be used it would make future upgrades wide open and I have never had streetability issuse with 50s that is why I was leaning towards them.

other mods were also dicussed but fuel system is first priority

Im running 50s TH style DP(mease) and hooker cat back on a stock turbo , couldnt safely run in the 12.0 range without them (i run alkyinjection too) , doesnt hurt economy or driveability ,
nice thing is I can toss on the te44 and run low-mid 11s no other changes in equipment or chip , I'm running the same TT chip chip i had burned for my ta49 but run differnt fuel settings .

last time i had to smog the car i put the 30#s back and the stock chip and a cat and had no issues , but no longer have to smog the GNs anymaore

as long as you havent blocked off the egr and its in functional order , a cat and a good state of tune (good clean plugs pcv airfilter etc, good wires, no missfiring all #s within spec on SM ) then a TT emission chips should be all you need since, passing with his std chips wont work because he turns off the egr

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Steve Wood said:
How do we know the condition of 20 year old injectors? :) They do get flaky with age. :) By the time they are cleaned, flowed, etc., we could have spent that $100 on a set that will keep working for a number of years.
Which is my point exactly, not to mention buying a chip for stock injectors when there are plans for mods... I'd be inclined to buy new injectors now and chips for those... that would be the best value.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts