Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay I am getting frustrated first tb.com goes down then the internet lets me down as I am researching the different turbo options. I am trying to figure out where the differences are between the diffferent trim wheel configurations. I know quite a bit about turbos but for some reason I never really paid attention to this issue. I am looking for info that is both related to the GN and my supra but turbos are turbos so there should be no difference. anyway I suspect one design has better spool, one makes more power absolute power, lower inertia, tell me all. thanks!

------------------
'87 Gn +toys
'90 Jeep Cherokee +toys
'95 Dodge cummins Diesel Tows toys
'94 Toyota Supra no toys yet

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I dont know all the configurations but i made the switch with a upgrade to the Q trim .it really made a differance.less lag, more low end, and top end.i would call john craig @ limit or harry @ pte. they can give you the low down.hope this helps.....jim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have a few different turbos I started with a craig 44 and now am on a precision 45 but I was looking to get some techy answers as I am obsessed with understanding every little part of any of my cars. I am thinking now that there are a couple of different wheels out there p,q,o etc and that they are not changed between the different turbos the fine tuning is the housing... ar ratio... that is what makes all the subtle differences while still using the same wheels. is a t3 one wheel a t4 another the 60 series another? who knows someone I am sure. I just wish I had all my turbo books in front of me tonight. thanks again!1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts