Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mmmmm....Kool Aid
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much to my wife's dismay we brought this home yesterday. This car been around for a long time. Old timers will remember it as Travis Beckendorffs first race car. Went mid 9s way back in the day. Yes that is a real GNX dash. Had a twin turbo motor last. I have a 109 stroker under contruction so the question is should I slap some stage 2 heads on it bolt up the twins and see how much a 109 will really take or maybe just some good heads and a 70GTQ and see where that takes us. We will see what happens either way it is good to have a race car again
Mike

Attachments

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
if it was me...build something that your market would be interested in...almost like this is what you can do with x x x parts and good tune and fuel. or do it in a series 12.5 sec car then a 12.0 car then a 11.5 etc showing changes etc that have been done...just my opinion you would have a great base car to "test" things such as turbos IC INJ etc

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Mike,

That looks like a nice TSM car to me!!! Build that Stroker 109 and go TSM hunting. Good luck with what ever you do with it. :headbang:

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
That car is built for running. No use in going back to a 12 second car and doing progressions as that has been done over and over for years (visit GNTTYPE.ORG). Stroker 109 with Stage heads and a nice matching turbo. Let's see what it will take.... that hasn't been done!

·
Registered
889 Posts
congrats mike! :headbang:

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
Mike, I'm wondering; of course if you go to SII heads, that means a SII cam. Now, the SII cams I've seen have very wide (thick front to back) cam journals, will they even fit the narrow journals of the stock block?????

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Sweet

Looks great!!

Ravi :cheers:

p.s. if that airdam gets in the way please put me first in line.

thanks

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Hissin' Buford said:
Twin turbo all out Mike! That is a killer project car either way. Keep us updated please! :cheers:
X2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts