Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. Hope you all had a good Canada Day long weekend. I'm looking for opinions on shock absorbers. My Monte has 1" lowering springs, and a set of KYB shocks that are probably about 23 years old. The car seems to ride very soft, with more movement than I'd like. I'm going to upgrade to the Jeep steering shaft, larger sway bars, and better shocks. I've looked online at shocks from different manufacturers, and the description of their capabilities seem to be very similiar, and in terms of price, they tend to vary from mild to crazy. I'm looking for something that will firm up the ride of the car, without jarring the fillings out of my teeth. Any and all ideas and opinions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I'm running Bilsteins' all around
& am very happy with the ride Jeff. Just not too sure what effect the 1" lowered suspension may have on them or not?

dave

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Bilsteins...and a good rear sway bar. Helwig is a good choice. I run billet rear lower control arms.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I use to run A/C delco but it is no longer made in north America and the quality is terrible.:yup: I have always liked the Monroe line, their sensatrac are a nice shock, good price and made here(the last time I checked):dunno:

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts