Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Owner-TR Custom Parts
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come the banner ads don't show up with the Firefox browser? They do show up on the other boards when using Firefox so why not here??

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I can't answer that question...... :D

However I did load the firefox in and when I signed on the banner was blank. I left the Firefox browser on and used the opera browser to go the board here and guess what! - The banner ad was gone as well. It would not come back on until the Firefox browser was turned off. Then the Opera browser worked same as always. :dunno:

After I post this I'll see what I can do with the Firefox to make the banner work.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Back to the Opera browser. Nothing to change on the Firefox. I was looking for something in preferences but only found a reading error in the java console. Here it is:

Error: Selector expected. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
Source File: http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
Line: 3

BTW Firefox hasn't got half of the features Opera has. Not only is Opera a tabbed browser, but one can edit the tabs as well. In Opera you can change skins, have mouse gesturing, block or not block pop-ups, and a really cool wand feature that lets one sigh in to most sites with one click that installs the user name and password for you. There are a ton of preferences so one can set the browser up just how you want. If you prefer to navigate through the keyboard instead of the mouse you can do that too! lots of shortcuts....

I'm a big Opera fan - in case you havn't noticed...Hehe :) :cheers:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Turbo_Tim said:
I'm a big Opera fan - in case you havn't noticed...
For a second I thought you wrote, Oprah. :)

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I'll get this fixed up when I get back from Indy. It's a code problem between the ad banner system and the Firefox browser. Firefox probably is blocking it thinking it's along the same lines as a pop up or something. :mad:

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Opera and Konqueror both work with the adds under linux. Firefox, of course, does not. Odd, I thought that Konqueror and Firefox were both Mozilla based. Firefox must differ in some way though. :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts