Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
her in ALB,NM they change fuel for the winter, and i noticed that she starts to ping at only 10lbs at 13lbs alky kits in and ping goes away. could oxy gas do this? eek!

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Yup,if that's the only change.Could also be the air temps though.How's the WOT O2's?

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
What Ed said or try turning up the fuel pressure about 3#'s.See if that helps a little bit.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got the FP at 43 line off already with msd 50s,ya'll think I should go higher? maybe I should just turn alky on sooner.wot... no knock runs strong damn ping before 10lbs. :mad:

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I would not go above 42-43lbs unless your chip is setup for higher pressure like Thrasher chips. I run my 50lb injectors at 40lbs in the street. You can also make sure your fuel pressure is not dropping off with higher boost. Hook up a temporary external gauge on your hood to check.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Someyhing doesn't make sense here you're pinging at only 10 lbs of boost? your winter gas is probably formulated similar to our summer gas and my car will run 17 lbs with no ping. I say you have other issues.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Something doesn't make sense here you're pinging at only 10 lbs of boost? your winter gas is probably formulated similar to our summer gas and my car will run 17 lbs with no ping. I say you have other issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts