Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the track on 5/20 with the new combo thats in my signature at 26 psi w/race gas. My O2 for the run was 667 and had 0 k. The fuel pressure was at 47 line off. I still think there is a lot left in this combo. I expected my mph to be at least 115. The car seemed to like the O2's in the high 600. The only things I played with was FP and boost. The UMI's are set at stock pinion angle right now, so I think my et can improve if I lower the PA. About the best boost of the line was 5psi after that it pushed the car :( I'm thinking about putting the trans break in the car now. Still my mph is low. What should I do? I need to get my turbolink hooked up so I can record my runs. My most k on a run was 3.0 and thats after the car was hot lapped for 4 runs and ended up over heating :( I made the first 2 passes and let my buddy made the last 2 and on his last one it boiled over. Temp got up to 257 :(

·
Growing my Mullet!
2,646 Posts
Why are you hot lapping? :dunno:

These cars need at least 45 minutes of cool down IMO.

Your MPH is low - are you locking the convertor? who's chip? how much timing?

Don't worry about the pinion angle - if you have issues holding boost, try using the ebrake.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car always seemed to run better on the second pass :yup:
That was the onlt time it made more then 2 passes in a row.

Not locking the converter

TT Chip. I'll pull it tomorrow and see what the timing is.

I noticed that after the car is turned off it won't hold FP for to long.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
id the fuel pressure is leaking down when you turn it off you have leaky injectors or a bad fuel pump check valve

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah gotta be the injectors because it seems fat at first start up.
Chip is a TT 50# Race 108 w/ 24/23 timing 24psi

I'm going to put in the 60/65 injectors I have and have Eric burn me 2 new chips

Still where should I look to get more mph?

·
Growing my Mullet!
2,646 Posts
Not hot lapping it will help alot!

What plugs/gap are you running?

Lock the converter - it's alway good for .2/2mph if not more.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
what gear are you in and what are the rpms going thru the traps

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NOCOOLER said:
Not hot lapping it will help alot!

What plugs/gap are you running?

Lock the converter - it's alway good for .2/2mph if not more.
Car always ran quicker on the back up run.

Plugs are stock AC Delcos I think R43TS gapped at stock (I think .035)

Sean: In 3rd not sure about rpm. I was watching the scanmaster and boost gauge :( This is why I need to get my Turbolink hooked up. I'm ordering the parts tomorrow (boost harness and 3 bar map)

·
Growing my Mullet!
2,646 Posts
YI_work said:
Car always ran quicker on the back up run.

Plugs are stock AC Delcos I think R43TS gapped at stock (I think .035)

Sean: In 3rd not sure about rpm. I was watching the scanmaster and boost gauge :( This is why I need to get my Turbolink hooked up. I'm ordering the parts tomorrow (boost harness and 3 bar map)
Thats retarded these cars always slow down mph on the 2nd pass.

Put [email protected] in it - and cool the car down - lock the convertor and it will pick up.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wish I would have kept all my time slips so I could post them up for ya. I only kept my best et/mph and 60ft.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If the coolant temp was over 200 degrees, the chip would have pulled almost 4 degrees of timing which would have killed power.
You will only achieve max timing when the coolant is between 160 and 170 (on a TT chip).

Eric

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
EricStage1 said:
If the coolant temp was over 200 degrees, the chip would have pulled almost 4 degrees of timing which would have killed power.
You will only achieve max timing when the coolant is between 160 and 170 (on a TT chip).

Eric
Thanks I'll have to watch my CT's closer next time. I need to clean out the radiator it has a lot of scale in it :(

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
EricStage1 said:

Eric
that is very interesting....will send you a pm....so that seems to be why he is loosing it up top...hmmmm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.