Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ultraflows will be here thursday,then i'm taking them to a guy that does all my exhausts'.should i get 3"inch or 2 1/2 inch exhust.i have a gutted cat.i was thinking of running the exhust out before the rear tires and wheelwells,or should i have them ran to the far back of the car?my car will see 10's by next spring so i need the exhaust to get me there. :)

<small>[ July 01, 2003, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: white shadow ]</small>

·
Registered
882 Posts
The inlet/outlet size of the Ultraflows arriving on Thursday will determine your exhaust pipe sizing.

You'll really like them! yup

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i jus called jegs .Lady there said i ordered
2 1/2"inch OC (offset in/center out).Is 2 1/2 a right choice for these cars for a 10 second car?
Would i be wrong by having the piping come out behind the doors,kinda like NASCARS'?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm going to wait on a larger downpipe until i get a new larger turbo(soon) then i'll make the move.thanks though headbang

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nascar style exit exhaust or the factory location ?i'm getting ready to call for an exhaust appointment.
ps:this is so exhausting ,i think i'll lay down.lol

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
factory location behind the rear wheels...not out the back like a pos monte carlo and not in front of the wheels like some kind of wantabee dink!

Make sure you find a shop that mandrel bends the pipe instead of kinking it when they bend it. Otherwise you will end up with something as restrictive as the stock system.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm not a wanna be DINK!
I am a real mc coy DINK!. lol.
steve ,i really hate the tire debris buildup on the tail pipe ,what to do about that? dunno

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Clean them off...stay out of burn out contests.

If you don't like it on the tail pipes, you are really going to hate it on the rear quarters!

Just clean them off! It's easier on the pipes than the paint.

<small>[ July 01, 2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Or just spray them with that stuff in the can.

Hopefully, this is not going to be a nightly occurence? I like to see the thing make it thru the first week once it is running right!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Assume you know the tires have to be taken off the wheels for the powder coating? :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steve Wood:
Assume you know the tires have to be taken off the wheels for the powder coating? :)
wow!that hurt ,even for a dink!i thought iwould have them just heat the tires for me before i go to the track.lol
it'll make it .
:)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I have some gourds down on the creek..I will stick a rock in a couple and send them up there for you to try out! :D

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
white shadow:
Steve Wood:
wow!that hurt ,even for a dink!i thought iwould have them just heat the tires for me before i go to the track.lol
it'll make it .
:)
Hey!~ May, I will open a company to preheat tires for racers!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Pull off everything under the hood that should be black and get it coated....I doubt they will charge any more to do it than they do for the wheels.

The piece that holds the radiator down, the strip over the relays on the passenger fender, etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts