Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new to GN'S. I have a massive leak that seems to be coming from the timing cover. The thing is it doesnt leak at idle it only leaks when i run full throttle.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Sounds familiar. I have the same problem. The only puddle I get is from the residue. I don't know if my car only leaks at WOT, but I know it does not drip while idling. I am getting a leak on the passenger side of the engine on the top of the timing cover. I am hoping that it is the oil return line leaking so I don't have to tear everything apart. Well, sorry that I could not offer help, but your not alone. I think someone here can help you though. I hope this thread will help me too.

------------------
1987 GN 14" K&N, adj. wastegate, adj. FPR, XP Armstrong hotwired, 160*-stat, Hooker 2.5" catback exaust, Thrasher chips, shift kit, trans cooler, vdo boost/oil/temp guages, scanmaster II, Kirban's front/rear frame braces, GNX wanna-be rims, and the rest is stock..except for all the stuff that doesn't last 15yrs.

1987 Cavalier Z24 daily driver. 3-chamber flowmaster and 135db worth of stereo.

Shaun

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
when the turbo return line is the cause . Is it the fitting or the return line it self ? I have new rebuild engine and have been chasing a large leak for the past week . I've replaced the valve cover gaskets ,oil adapter o-ring , turbo return line fittings . I add some GM tracer dye and have gone up and down the engine with a black light and can not figure it out .It looks like it's coming from the heads along the side of the engine . It's leaving a puddle under the starter as it drips from the trans lines .the rear of the intake manifold and timing cover looks dry as well .seems to leak the most after it sits . It's driving me nuts !! Next stop the cliff .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts