Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres what i have going on. The engine it totally rebuilt with about 2000 miles on it. The car runs great until i get into the about 20 psi of boost it starts to sputter and stomp out. meanwhile there is no knock while this is going on and the 02's are in the 760 range at the top of third. So i noticed after i drive it around and have gotten on it for a small bit i park the car get out and notice there is oil leaking from around the oil pan gasket. So i pop the hood and also notice that there is oil seeping out from the back of the vacuum block:dunno: So i remove the intercooler hoses to see if there clean of oil and the totally are. The turbo is brand new by the way. When i remove the hoses to look into the throttle body there is a decent amount of oil in the dog house. I also removed the spark plugs to see what i could find and noticed there was oil on the threads of pretty much all the plugs. They did not have carbon build up just oil on the threads mind you. I also changed the pcv and still nothing to help out. It does have a little bit of blue smoke come out when you get on it but not much. I have no oil coming out of the breathers when this is happening. Im sure i will need to get a compression test soon as well as a leak down. Im just stumped of what would cause the oil leaks especially into the throttle body like this? Do you guys think the oil at the higher boost levels is fouling out the plugs when going into the throttle body? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts