Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Valve Monkey
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang. I'm new to this message board but have been dealing with TR's for a few years now. This is my 2nd GN. I popped a head gasket a couple of days ago and when I started my disassembly today, I notice a significant amount of oil leaking from the DP flange on the turbo. When I removed the DP there was oil in that side of the turbo housing. Have I blown a seal in the turbo?
Thanks,

------------------
Richard Gautier
'87 GN, TA61, blue tops,IC and a half,Champion iron heads, Roller rockers,ported intake and plenum,70mm TB, Houston DP, no times yet!

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
If the head gasket blew out on the valley side you will suck oil into the cylinders and then out the exhaust. I would wait before doing anything with the turbo. Fix the gaskets first.

------------------

ED BAKER
new times soon.87-T-TYPE, T49,Bluetops,MM210Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Valve Monkey
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. The HG blew between a water jacket and the #1 cylinder. Only saw steam out of the exhaust, not oil smoke. The turbo has less than 1000 miles on it. Manufacturer says he'll warranty it if it's bad. We'll see.
Thanks.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Why is it that the HG is prone to blow into the number one cylinder water jacket? That is exactly how mine went.

Is it because the number 1 cylinder gets the least amount or air? Oh , wait, that means it would be rich.. What gives?

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready

1 - 5 of 5 Posts