Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine is just about done breaking in so I'm looking for the best possible oil to run from now on out. Mobil One? Penzoil? Amzoil? Just wondering what you guys use and what holds up the best in these engines. I'll change it often but just wanted to see if anyone likes one brand over the other more. Thanks for your input! powersix

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I like MobileOne 15/50 or
Castroil GTX 10/30 thumb_up

·
RIP Nick Picozzi
2,311 Posts
MobileOne is really nice and they do use that in alot of the high end cars......but i really like the roil purple (sp) that they sell at alot the speed shops that is what they use at my fathers work (sunoco) on there big turbines and all thoose things run 24/7 356 days a year

i personaly think that it is up to you yourself and go with whatever you like........... but if i was you i would use the roil purple and just not really worry about if it is the right oil or not :D

hth
jim if you wont just im me and i will talk to you about this some more...... i even have a couple of ideas for you :D

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
mobil one after 3k hard miles the oil still looks new

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
The key is change it often. I change mine every 1,000 miles & buy what's on sale. If I go racing I change it the next day. I think most brands are pretty similar no matter what the commercial says!
JMO cheers

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm using Mobile 1 10/30. I'm very curious to why I see alot of TR owners using 15/30 Grade oil. What advantages does using this grade give.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used Mobil one in my Ford Bronco. I bought it new in 91 and when I took the valve covers off last year it looked new in there. I thought about using mobil one in the Buick but right now I have to many oil leaks pending being fixed. I'll be like a sprinkler if I put that in now. But I think once the engine is back to not leaking ( is that possible in a TR??!! ) I'll give Mobile One a shot. Thanks guys for the post! powersix

1 - 7 of 7 Posts