Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to do an oil change today, Was looking at the filters and had the tride and true AC PF1218 in my hand and then spotted the new mobil 1 filters, I've used mobil 1 10-30 since car was new so just wondering about these mobil filters, a little pricey but might be worth it as the car gets older. What are other people using? has any one used the mobil oil filter? if so how has it worked? or is it just another sales gimmick? :confused:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have the mobil one oil filter on my GN right now along with mobil one 10w-30. The filter was a little pricey though. :dunno:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oil filter

Do you have any leaks? I was just researching on the net and came accros this site that said they liked the mobil but it may be week under high pressure (at start up)?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
No leaks here!! It's been on my GN for about 6 months, no problems at all with the filter just a little more out of the wallet. For what I don't know, just wanted to try something different. :yup:

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Whatever you do don't put a AC Delco on the car. The newer Delco oil filters are junk! My TTA I was having a little cold engine start noise unless I primed the car a bit ( unplug ECM and crank till oil pressure gauge comes up a little ) before starting. Now I use the K&N oil filter. Hands down the best oil filter for these cars. I can now start the car after it's been sitting for a month and it's quiet as a mouse. There is really good anti drain back in the K&N so it keeps that baby loaded and ready. The AC deco well that was one of the things they removed. Shame but the AC Delco oil filters are junk! Switch to K&N and you'll be happy forever! :yup: :6:

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
2,327 Posts
NAPA Gold 1086... won't hit your idler arm either...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oil filters

Thanks' I'll try somthing new (maybe the mobil) I'm hearing on the other site also that Ac has gone don hill, it's to bad. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If your thinking about buying one of the pricey oil filters besides the Mobil One filter, theres the K&N oil filter which is about the same price. A good filter as Jim said. :yup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts