Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a extra Oil Fill tube and Lid?? the previous owner had the oil breathers and I'm not to fond of the 400 or 500 dollar fines. I dont need the turbo side.. I'l just hide that one :wink:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alot of the guys at car shows tell me that if the MTO see's these breathers its a big fine. I dont know if its 100% true.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ya all the stuff I looked up about it involves removing the pcv valve. and installing breathers . but on the turbo buicks the pcv is in the intake not the valve cover. as long as all other emissions stuff is hooked up , you should be ok :dunno:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Its a ticket, and 450 a side is about right.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I have been pulled over several times and the fine is $365 per.... so each valve cover... car has to be in original condition all emmission equipment must be there...you are not allowed to vent into the atmosphere....

:crazy:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
It's actually the MOE that will pull you over. They have lots of authority to check out your car. They will make sure all the equipment you're car came with is installed. They will measure inlet and outlet temps of you're cat to make sure it is not hollow.
They will even operate you're egr valve to make sure it functions.
Oh and our cars come with a closed crankcase system ,meaning no crank case vapours exit into the atmosphere they either go through the Pcv or the turbo inlet. This is the fine or warning most people get. No gm product I know of have an open crank case since the mid 70s but I could be wrong.

They also don't care who you are. They will levy a fine against their own mothers :(

Get legal. They mean business.

·
Registered
415 Posts
More Boost is correct. The car must have all of the original emission controls that came on it when it was manufactured, and they must be hooked up and functioning. This has nothing to do with Drive Clean. The laws have been on the books since the 1970s.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

1 - 12 of 12 Posts