Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aight i know how to do an oil change on any other car that isnt turbo charged.
But since theres oil in the turbo charger whats the procedure to change the oil in theis cars, i feel real dumb asking this.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
I do them the same as a regular car.
Just be sure to fill the oil filter over half way[pour in,let settle]before you put it on.
I usually fill the filter as much as it will take[about 3/4 quart,if I remember correctly].
Some people like to disconnect the memory wire at the battery and crank for a few seconds before they try to actually start,to make sure the pressure is up.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I believe it's 5 quarts.

I myself unhook the orange wire or cam sensor.
Either 1. Orange wire is easier to get to though.
Synthetic oils are not needed.
I have heard if you go synthetic. Stay synthetic. As seals and gaskets tend to leak after if you switch back to conventional oils.
Not just on turbo vehicles. But others as well.

·
So easy cavemen can do it
534 Posts
1. drain oil from pan, put bolt back in
2. take off oil filter, fill new oil filter halfway with oil, reinstall
3. fill engine with 5 quarts of oil "including the one you used to put oil in the filter"
4. start car...let warm up to operating temp...shut off...let sit for few minutes...check oil level...add accordingly...might need another half a quart or so...

i personally have used mobil 1 10w30 fully synthetic for higher mileage engines since about 50k miles...not cheap that's for sure but imo it's well worth it...this oil is the best for high temps and turbos because turbos get MUCH hotter than the engine itself...i will never use another oil again...every 2500-3000 miles

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I basically do what Don does but don't check/add the oil for 2-3 days or the first weekend that pops up. :)

Oh.... excepting the Mobil 1, I use Valvoline Dino. oil. yup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts