Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I prefer the Delco versions over Bosch.

A discount dealer online? Normally in the low $20's as I recall. All the vendors carry them.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I called Auto Zone to price the Delco AFS-109
heated 02...they said $60 plus...HELP!!!

I paid $70 for the heated kit from Casper.

Mike Gallagher

------------------
"CAUTION"
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yea but the one you got from Casper most likely had the wires to link up to the power for the sensor. A conversion harness if you will. Your not gonna get that from Auto-Zone or any other locals. Seams like alot of money but make low volume parts like that harness ain't cheap. JM02

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
heated sensors are obviously more expensive and may last longer with leaded fuel particularly if the key is turned on for 30 seconds or so before starting the car.

On the other hand, as they begin to lead up they tend to lose range rather than throwing a SES code. In some cases, they provide worse gas mileage than the oem orignals.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Maybe I have a freak sensor, but I have been using the same Bosch O2 since Bristol 2000. That is almost a year.

Now, I use the MaxEffort, which is not going to set a code 31, BUT the sensor still reads fine around town, at the track on or off the go juice.

I originally bought the Bosch from AutoZone b/c it came with a 3 month warranty. I figured if I wasted it, I would just exchange it for a new one, and keep doing that. Never really got into that though.

Price was $19.99

------------------

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
supposed to be slightly more active. No real improvement, I think

·
Registered
700 Posts
I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and spend the $60 on the Delco. I really just wanted a new one...or a spare if you will to check my existing.

Mike Gallagher

------------------
"CAUTION"
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1 - 9 of 9 Posts