Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That austemper cam i got doesnt have a groove in the bearing journal like the flat tappet cams ive run. do i need a special bearing or dont worry 'bout it. Also i heard that people offset the front cam bearing to boost oil pressure to bottom end,if true, would using solid bearing with groovless cam do the same thing in effect? If not, how far would you offset the bearing?Motors almost out, and we're 'bout to did in.thanks guys

·
Registered
588 Posts
great...the stocker did not have a grooved cam or bearing either. Double check to make sure the block is grooved behind the front bearing. The marginal oiling system will thank you.

:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
buickv6 said:
great...the stocker did not have a grooved cam or bearing either. Double check to make sure the block is grooved behind the front bearing. The marginal oiling system will thank you.

:)
Yeah, the block was grooved to go around bearing onto , i believe lifter gallies.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
hmmmmm ALL the Buick motors I had here had a grooved cam :yup:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
leave it alone...it is optimum the way it is

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
You would only run into a problem if it was a 4.1 or early 3.8s with the 14 bolt oil pan. They do not have the front cam bearing journal groove

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve Wood said:
leave it alone...it is optimum the way it is

so, use no groove cam with no grove inside bearing scince the block is grooved the circumference around bearing? Gotcha..... :dunno:

·
Registered
588 Posts
:yup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts