Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make sure you "dumb it up" and think what a moron may have done before you got involved....long story short, my sales guy decided to put regular unleaded in my Jetta tdi.

first thing I noticed was the balancer for the timing belt was loose so i fixed that and couldnt get it to run right...today, I pull everything apart to 'Time" the motor to make sure it didn't jump a tooth on the timing....everything good?!?!? ( of course i assume it's a mechanical issue...not a moron move...)

so i decided to pull some junk off to ensure the cam lined up perfectly and Wallah!!! i pull a fuel line to get out of the way and the distinct smell of GAS smacks me in the face.

Disclaimer: i called my sales guy who drives it everyday and he didn't do it so the gas fairy must of filled it up in the middle of the night....... :crazy:

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's a new gas D87, special blend for winter driving.... glad you finally figured it out..

·
Registered
200 Posts
That sucks and sorry to hear, but on another note i sure wish that gas fairy would come fill my cars in the middle of the night haha

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got her sorted out...she's running like a champ, I drove it all day and I swear the fuel gauge is broke...lol. Huber..my converter in my SuperDuty took a dump, hoping to have it fixed this weekend & I will bring ur trailer back...always something!

·
Flyn Greek
2,133 Posts
Glad to hear had it in the back of my mind when we talked but since you guys in PA fuel your own vehicles I didn't think your guy was that much of a bone head

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't think your guy was that much of a bone head
Me neither buddy :)

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
you may want to send your sales guy out, for a drug test, I don't think he will pass....

Chuck

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
he was in jersey ...where they dont let ya pump it yer self

gas jockeys here have the iq of a postage stamp and you really need to watch what they do , especially if you have to have 93 , or you may end up with 87

one guy hit 87 and started to pump when i caught it and I said i asked for 93 ..he told me it wouldnt hurt anything
Yeah whats the big deal, you're in a 80's Monte Carlo.

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts