Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car has minor mods now, looking to get deep 12s what does everyone think. i read all the articles and comparisons, and im still undecided.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Get Direct Scan if you can deal with having no boost reading.

I use Direct Scan for the track and ScanMaster for everyday driving. The best combo I think.

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Current Combo: Stock Turbo, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip.
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
opinions
scanmaster so ya can use it on the street without hittin a tree...nice an small
12 sec car is a no brainer...now if you are gonna race all the time an get in the 11.5s then I would go for the Turbo Link....I feel the direct scan gives waaaaay to much info unless your flyin low 11s an down

------------------

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Get a Scanmaster for sure. If you plan to race then pickup a DirectScan or Turbolink.

Direct Scan gives alot of data real fast. The problem I found with Turbolink was that on an 11 second run you only get like 7-8 frames of Data.

With Directscan you get alot more data and it tells you alot more.

I guess it depends on what your plans are and if you understand what your reading. Its takes a while to learn what everything does and what its supposed to be.

If your racing alot I would do Scanmaster/DS if you race once or twice a year then you can get away cheaper with Scanmaster/Turbolink.

Good Luck

------------------
Mike Schoenfeld

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thankx for the help guys, by the way im new to the board and dont know much about these cars so i have to learn alot cause i just bought one

·
Registered
14 Posts
If your new to this game I would consider Direct Scan. It gives you the most info which is helpful when asking for tuning help. The more info you can provide , the better the help you will get. Wayne

G

·
I started out with Turbolink with boost sensing hardware, and now I have added the Scanmaster 2 for everyday driving. The boost sensing option on the turbolink is something that i really like having, and wouldn't do without.

------------------
Clayton
87 GN: 307FP hotwired, adj FPR, Tomka Cold air kit, Stock turbo, injectors and IC,MM 3"DP, Red's 93 street and Lubrant 110 race chips
Turbolink with boost sensing, Nitto DR's on stock rims
Best time: 12.51 @ 109.18 mph, 1.83 60' @ 20lbs boost

·
Registered
91 Posts
Seems like they have covered everything
I have Direct Scan but only have a couple of passes saved. I used an OTC4000E for over a year. The OTC has the same scan rate at TurboLink (ALDL connection) but gave A-LOT less info than DS or TL. The OTC can also be used on almost any computer controlled vehicle BEFORE 1994
It works well on my N/A 87 Limited. For the price of an OTC, you can buy a SM and still have enough money left for either DS or TL.

Join the nearest Buick club in your area. See what the other members are using and make your decision then. The Scanmaster is what I would by first if I were going to purchase again.

DO NOT DELAY

------------------

25#s boost w/C16 -- 87 Turbo-T 17 K miles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts