Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

i have a in the box NOS GN hood pad. it was only take out of the box to make sure it wasnt damaged when i got it. i have a fiberglass hood now so i wont be using it. these have been going for alot of money now since they dont letter them anymore from GM this does have the lettering. i will also include all new hood pad plastic retainers

PM me some offers :D

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I bid 1 million Dollars

Serious man how much???

I'll take dibs if it's reasonable

Thanks
Bill
:6:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey pal

ive been scopeing ebay out since they have been discontinued. they have gone everywhere from 300-almost 600$. it just depends on how bad somone wants it at the time.

ive gotten offers all the way from 75$ shipped to 350$ and they will take care of shipping. im gonna wait till tomorrow and see what everyones got to say

·
Registered
271 Posts
Tell you what, I'll give you $75 and you can keep the letters, also since i don't need the plastic retainers, how about you ship it. thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as much as that sounds like a good deal, i think ill pass on that one :sw:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive gotten 3 people to offer 350$ plus shipping but no one given me a definate answer yet. i need the money so if no one makes a deal by monday night its going to ebay :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
ajt86 said:
hey guys

i have a in the box NOS GN hood pad. it was only take out of the box to make sure it wasnt damaged when i got it. i have a fiberglass hood now so i wont be using it. these have been going for alot of money now since they dont letter them anymore from GM this does have the lettering. i will also include all new hood pad plastic retainers

PM me some offers :D
I bought a brand new one at Davis Chevrolet in Houston, Texas paid $128.50...brand new....

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
with the printing on it? if so how long ago? If there is no printing on it I can buy them all day long from GM for 97 bucks. If you bought it recently and it had the printing on it better go back and buy a dozen more!

·
Post Ho
3,628 Posts
GBODY87 said:
I bought a brand new one at Davis Chevrolet in Houston, Texas paid $128.50...brand new....
I paid $96 for one last year when they were still available.I should have bought a dozen. :yup: I'd sell the one I got but I'm holding out until they sell for 4 digits. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
I think they are topped out now. Repro's will be out soon. Better ink to last longer and the nos ones with the printing will be hard to move. Sell now!

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Check his auction it's right in it

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got offered 350 and said id take it but they all drug their feet. one guy said maybe then i told him i was gonna put it on ebay as per phillyturbosix's advice if he didnt want it and he told me he would bid on it and see where it went. my reserve is less than 350$- not much less but less.

supposedly you can go to the dealer and buy one and if your lucky youll get writeing- these just got discontinued a few months ago so there prolly is like 10 or 15 floating around the US in warehouses- but if you order it and it doesnt have writing then your stuck with it

·
Registered
137 Posts
More_Boost!! said:
What is the Part number?

Thanks
Here is the part#

025525977 yes it has writing.. I would not have bought it if it didn't

I bought it July 5,2005

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
GBODY87 said:
Here is the part#

025525977 yes it has writing.. I would not have bought it if it didn't

I bought it July 5,2005

order that same part number RIGHT NOW and you'll get one with the indents in it where the writing goes but it has no writing, same price. I have 3 plain ones at the shop. I had my GM Parts guy call the General direct and they told him thre was no intention of re tooling to do the letters so repro will be the only way. I still have 4 with the lettering but I'll probably sit on them until the repros come out and they are worthless!

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Billy A knows what's up! :yup: :cheers: :6:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cmon billy bid on my hood pad :D jack the price on up

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
ajt86 said:
cmon billy bid on my hood pad :D jack the price on up

Im waiting for the auction to end so I can throw one of mine up there!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts