Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car currently cranks but does not start, i have fuel psi, injector pulse and spark, but i have no start. i Have replaced ign module, coil pack, crank sensor and have adjusteded my cam sensor. I did notice this when going through testa's no start chart, i have no ground at Pin L at the ign module. is this my problem???? and how can i fix this if this is my problem?
TIA

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
You might go to my site below and click on "trouble shooting" and then "no start"

This will take you to the factory tree.

If you suspect the cam sensor circuit, down around step 10 might be a quick place to jump in and check before you go thru the whole thing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will see what i can do with that, but what should i be looking at when i have spark, pulse and fuel psi. it'll fire like it wants to start then die. plugs have been cleaned, but im gonna get a new set just to see what happens. injector pulse and spark are strong when they blink and have no been skipping, they blink off set.
compression on all cyclinders is about 130-140
thanks again!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Assuming you don't have a thrasher chip with antitheft and a battery that is dropping down to ten volts when you try to crank it.....

The cam sensor times the fuel to the specific cylinder. If it is bad, then fuel and spark may be totally out of sync. You can take the top off the sensor and make sure the wheel is attached properly. See the tech pictures on my site for how the cam sensor looks with the top off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts