Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I went to start my 87 GN this morning and the SES light didn't come on, thus the car didn't start. I swapped chips (3) and tried my old (working) ECM. Nuttin... I scoped the fuses but they are fine. The orange ECM wire near the battery seems fine as well.

Any ideas?

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Bulb?

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Current Combo: Stock Turbo, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip.
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike,

I wish it was that simple. It was the 12v power wire (orange) near the ECM itself. Right at the firewall. Hard to spot, but my baby is up and running again. Thanks though!

Turbo Dilbur

PS: I just moved to Lakeland, FL from North Bend, OR. My car really hates the heat (I know this is winter - but it was almost 90 here today) Any hot weather tricks ya guys use here in Sunsational Florida?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Funny that should happen.I had a somewhat similar experience to tha about four years ago.What had happened was that the orange wire at the battery positive connection had developed a crack in it and the internal wire itsself had started to corrode and turn green.Needless to say the car ran a little funny sometimes.As soon as I cut out the bad section of wire and reconnected to the battery , the car ran fine on a consistant basis.Weird huh?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts