Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just re-assembled my entire motor and fired it up to find out i have no oil pressure? if i had to bet i believe it is the timing cover i put on it is a dorman from summit racing i think there might be an oil passage missing. tried filling up the oil filter again and it just gets sucked dry. anyone have any problems with cheap chinese timing covers let me know.

·
blank
2,898 Posts
The only recommended covers are genuine GM or TA Performance.
Do a search on EARL BROWN modifications and priming.
Always prime the pump using a tool,prefilling of lines etc.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
just re-assembled my entire motor and fired it up to find out i have no oil pressure? if i had to bet i believe it is the timing cover i put on it is a dorman from summit racing i think there might be an oil passage missing. tried filling up the oil filter again and it just gets sucked dry. anyone have any problems with cheap chinese timing covers let me know.
I don't know whether to laugh...or cry. Pull the cam sensor...and prime it. When you feel the drill "bite"...you're there.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Priming Oil Pump

Of course, you did pack the oil pump gears with Vaseline ? :yup:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Of course, you did pack the oil pump gears with Vaseline ? :yup:
I hope you also made sure the main oil feed hole isn't full of casting junk!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the tips. i have done all that, and have pressure now. but my car wont start now......i have spark and fuel and scanner now says "ignition module"......so now i will try to figure that out :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts