Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started the car this morning to go to work and it started right up and died, tried to start it again and had to abandon ship. Drove the truck to work, when I got home I noticed no CES light. I checked the ecm fuse with a voltmeter, it was good, I checked the bulb, it was good. I searched and found a old thread.
http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/buick-v6-turbo-tech/2346-ecm-problems.html look at #10 response from Steve Wood below.
This is for no SES lite-from the book.

Okay, does the engine start? If no, then....

Is the ecm fuse good? if yes...

Ignition off, disconnect ecm connectors ok did this

ignition on, probe A5 and A6 with test light with other lead of lite to ground. (a6 is a pink/black wire straight from the ecm fuse) nothing

Test light should have been on for both. was it?

If yes,

then it is faulty ecm connections, bad ground, or bad ecm.

If no, then look for an open circuit in the wire that did not light up. Neither wire had power to it

I see that A12 is a ground for the ecm that also runs to terminal A on the aldl.

any ideas?

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got power going from the battery, there is a connection under the alky tank, is has power to that point. In the past, about 6" from the battery the wire broke at the black thing that goes over the red wire.

Chuck

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Freakin Fuse, not sure why it blew, seems ok now....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.