Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, I have a problem. I temporarily attached a boost guage to the car. It doesn't register boost or vacuum. How ever, when I drive with a load on the enginge the factory boost guage works up to 7 or 8 psi.... Is that a wastegate problem or vacuum line problem? Thanks guys... powersix

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
can you tell us where you connected the gauge?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Against the passenger side fender there was a line going there...sorry I can't explain it better. Is there a better place to place the v/b line? Th usa anks for the help sir.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No sir, Zap didn't pay me to call you "sir." Another problem, I was replacing two other vacuum line and I broke a hard plastic line coming out of the vacuum pod that's located on top of the throttle body. Can I run down to the parts store for that line? uzi dunno

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
no...not available.

just take a small piece of vacuum hose with a small inside diameter and slip the broken ends into it. Not a bad idea to clamp it with a couple of small tie wraps.

<small>[ April 03, 2003, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

·
Registered
657 Posts
Don't bother going to the local dealer either since the parts are long discontinued.

Dan

·
Danster
238 Posts
I bought some of the hard plastic lines from NAPA. I'm sure they still sell them in ft. length's.

Dannyo

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: ou812 ]</small>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts