Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot build a pound of boost on the foot brake :rant: ...I have the oversized rear shoes,s-10 wheel cylinders,and just changed the brake fliud,and bled them.I also have vacume brakes....any ideas??? This is with 28x9 inch slicks!!! Im tired of the e-brake launches,they suck!! and I dont want to use the transbrake till I get axles in the rear.

·
Older--but Getting Wiser
2,250 Posts
Bleed again, & if no workie--then change-out MCyl & bleed twice!

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
You must have an exhaust leak somewhere! I chased mine 1/2 of last year & when I found it I went from a 14 to an 11 from that alone! I couldnt hear it as I had an after turbo leak (elbow to DP) which muffled it. The leak was at the Turbo to Header connection & the gasket had blown out some, (just a corner of it) yet 10 different people who heard the engine running didnt hear the leak! It was enuf to destroy the boost until out about the 100 ft at least. Couldnt build any boost like that at all! Take a good look for a leak there & everywhere else you can think of! :yup:

·
MASTER GM TECH
676 Posts
1NASTY69Z said:
I cannot build a pound of boost on the foot brake :rant: ...I have the oversized rear shoes,s-10 wheel cylinders,and just changed the brake fliud,and bled them.I also have vacume brakes....any ideas??? This is with 28x9 inch slicks!!! Im tired of the e-brake launches,they suck!! and I dont want to use the transbrake till I get axles in the rear.

im confused...
so...you cant BUILD boost or is the problem that you cant HOLD boost :dunno:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have plenty of boost 25lbs worth :yup: ,my problem is the brakes wont hold boost at the line. :crazy:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Set the rears nice n tight. You should easily be able to hold at min 5 lbs without any effort at all on Vac Brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts