Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYBODY TRID NITROUS ON A GN AND IF SO DID THEY HAVE GOOD LUCK WITH IT AND WHAT SHOT WOULD BE GOOD WITH IT ATR SUPER PUMP 42.5 INJ. TE 60 TURBO NICE HEADS ECT.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I feel you don't need nitrous unless you have completely maxed out your combo, and don't have anywhere else to go. Or, maybe if you just want to experiment with it..

These cars are fast enough, and once tuned to the edge, in my opinion, don't need nitrous. Now, if I am reading your combo correctly, TE60.. heads, larger injectors ect.. I have to ask: How fast do you want to go?

------------------

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Sponsorship Needed
780 Posts
I helped a guy with a pretty much stock GN go 12.0's with the stock turbo,ic,heads,etc @28psi. He decided to try nitrous and went 11.5's with 21psi of boost but it is hard on the motor. Nitrous "hits" harder therefore putting additional strain on the drivetrain. Turbos gradually increase horsepower. It depends on what you want to do run 12.0's several times in a row or 11.5's and hope it doesn't break..

------------------

Jason White
V6RACER Custom Transmissions
www.DeepSouthBuickClub.comComing Soon!
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
mailto:D[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I havent hade the car to a 1/4 mile track yet only 1/8 @ 22 psi i think its capable of going 6.80s or 90s i would like to see some 40s or 50s

·
9 Second Wannabe
269 Posts
What does the rest of your combination consist of?

------------------
78 Malibu 3.8 Turbo
New Best Time! 8th mile: 1.45, [email protected]
TURBO WONDER
TE-70, Stock Ported Iron Heads and Intake
2.5 Stock Intercoolers
86 Fiero GT
3.8L Turbo Project in the works!
Vernon Swindell, Jr.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Damn Vernon! Are you on Vacation? It seems in the last few days you are in every Thread that I look at!!
hehehe

------------------
Mike Schoenfeld

·
Sponsorship Needed
780 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts