Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey crowd. Not that the Bu is ready, nor do I have any extra money, but I decided to fulfill my addiction. So:

1987 Regal T-type WE4 car. For the few of you that don't know what WE4 cars are, they were a VERY limited production Regals (1547 made) that were called Grand National killers. It is lighter than the GN, but otherwise has all the same goodies in it, except the GN two tone interior.

This car has ORIGINAL 54k miles, which was confirmed by my extensive research, and looking at it and driving it, it does feel like 54k mile car.

It has the usual issues: cracked bumper fillers, leaky rear window, outdated upgrades that were top of the line in the 90s, but absolete today, few paint blemishes, but nothing that can't be fixed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update

A little update. The car is getting Jim Dunn's treatment from Buick Turbo Performance. New injectors, valve springs, COMPLETE tune-up, rear main seal, FP hot wire kit, new HP fuel pump, RJC power plate, scanmaster and just fixing few odds and ends. Just look at the attention to the detail:

The push rods were nice and clean. good sign :)

The header flange was cut, according to Jim it's not a big deal, it was done to seal better

Remember I nentione paying attention to the detail.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little update. The car is getting Jim Dunn's treatment from Buick Turbo Performance. New injectors, valve springs, COMPLETE tune-up, rear main seal, FP hot wire kit, new HP fuel pump, RJC power plate, scanmaster and just fixing few odds and ends. Just look at the attention to the detail:

The push rods were nice and clean. good sign :)

The header flange was cut, according to Jim it's not a big deal, it was done to seal better

Remember I nentione paying attention to the detail.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up the car this weekend!

Picked up my car today from Jim Dunn. What do they say: a picture is better than a thousand words? I'll let you be the judge.

While he was waiting for me to get to his place TODAY, he: painted the rocker, painted the gas tank, cleaned and clear coated all wheels, painted the gas tank and the exhaust tips (which were peeling and looked awful)

Do you guys think I should go back to him when I'm ready for some performance mods?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Loving the progess on that Regal man I seen your car on Gbodyfourm and fell in love good luck with her and drive hard my friend. :6:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts