Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture of my new te44. Don't know if you can tell from this picture, but I had to clock the turbo from 3 oclock to 4 oclock. I'm concerned about the functioning of the actuator and the braided oil feed is add an odd angle and has a slight leak. I painted the exhaust side with Por 20 heat resistant paint. Not really crazy about the silver, but it sure beats a rusty surface and it really holds up well-no fade. Also a picture of my re-located trans cooler.

Attachments

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
Looks good Chris. The actuator rod is pretty much angled sure enuf, I'm not knowledgeable enuf to comment on that but I hope it don't bind and responds to rod adjustments for you. :dunno:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Doesn't look

Like its at such a severe angle that it would impact performance, do you have problems adjusting the rod now? Or are you worried about what MIGHT happen?
Otherwise than that looks A-Ok to me.....
Steve Chambers :6:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
artrenee10 said:
Like its at such a severe angle that it would impact performance, do you have problems adjusting the rod now? Or are you worried about what MIGHT happen?
Otherwise than that looks A-Ok to me.....
Steve Chambers :6:
It's a little harder to adjust than the old stock which was right out in front and a pretty tired old actuator to boot. I was just concerned that the darn thing would function properly. Seems to be okay.

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Looks good!!! Where'd you get the heat paint and turbo? Came polished? :cheers:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turbo came from Jack Cotton and the heat paint is Eastwood's Por 20. I've had that paint on my pt cruiser turbo for two years and it still looks like it did the day I painted it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts