Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around for a replacement transmission for the 87 that I just purchased. To my surprise it doesn't have the original BRF trans. http://www.TurboBuicks.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

Anyway, it's going to need either rebuilt or replaced. Is there anywhere to find the GN valve body to rebuild the current one, or should I be looking at purchasing one from a place like...

CK Performance
Bowtie Overdrives
Extreme Automatics

These all seem to claim that they have the best trannies, but I'm not sure exactly what I should be spending my money on. I'm willing to spend the money on a good tranny as this is currently the weakest link and would make any other upgrades pointless. I'd like to buy one and have it last through all of my upgrades.

Lastly, I do have a couple options for local trans shops, but I'm not sure that they will offer the same types of options that the above companies do.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've heard great feedback from Extreme Automatics as well as CK Performance. Go with a builder who knows these transmissions and who knows GNs.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I've dealt with Chris and his wife at CKPERFORMANCE. Parts I purchased were top notch...and have stood the test of time. Chris and his wife were great to deal with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts