Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking around the site for a few days now , it was suggested by another member that I introduce myself . I'm Brandon and I recently aquirred a freakish taste for one of these beasts. Hope to make some good friends and make some good passes down the track when the time comes !

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Hello. So you are currently looking for a Buick then?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup I've been scoping out a few for awhile now but I am being pretty picky

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well right now I drive a 12sec. Cobalt SS (thought I would need the gas mileage but I was wrong) I've owned an 03 cobra (ran 10's), an 93 Lx and lots of other cars all pretty quick but nothing as kool as a GN

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
I'd drop the Buick right now if I knew I could afford an '03-'04 Terminator. Some kid just bought an '06 Cobalt SS at work. With the warranty he walked out of there spending $27000. I think he got the screws put to him.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
boosted06 said:
well right now I drive a 12sec. Cobalt SS (thought I would need the gas mileage but I was wrong) I've owned an 03 cobra (ran 10's), an 93 Lx and lots of other cars all pretty quick but nothing as kool as a GN
I see you're no stranger to speed.
Good.
You may want to get a hold of Nick Micale at Arizona GN[602-866-9908].
Tell him his favorite photographer sent you. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Radius Kid said:
I see you're no stranger to speed.
Good.
You may want to get a hold of Nick Micale at Arizona GN[602-866-9908].
Tell him his favorite photographer sent you. :)
I'll do that thanks , and as far as speed goes no I'm not at all . I've been around race cars all of my life , my grandpa actually still runs an 8 sec. Nova .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RealestVIN7 said:
I'd drop the Buick right now if I knew I could afford an '03-'04 Terminator. Some kid just bought an '06 Cobalt SS at work. With the warranty he walked out of there spending $27000. I think he got the screws put to him.
I paid 24000 for mine with warranty , G85 package , and onstar . So yes I would say he did get it pretty bad!

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
It did have factory Recaro seats, boost gauge, etc. though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RealestVIN7 said:
It did have factory Recaro seats, boost gauge, etc. though.
Thats the G85 package . I have a few friends with the same car and nobody payed more than 25k

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
How on earth did he get screwed like that then? Are there any other options?

·
Disgrutled 24/7
368 Posts
I was thinking of getting a colbalt SS but I just dont want another car payment. Is it worth getting? And do they have fold in mirrors. Im pretty sick of my V6 Camaro :(

·
Registered
732 Posts
I do not have tenure here and do not post in the waiting room, but

welcome, glad your'e aboard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RealestVIN7 said:
How on earth did he get screwed like that then? Are there any other options?
theres no other ops so I have no Idea man :dunno:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GN13? said:
I was thinking of getting a colbalt SS but I just dont want another car payment. Is it worth getting? And do they have fold in mirrors. Im pretty sick of my V6 Camaro :(
the mirrors do fold in and I like mine and everthing I am just sick of the lil 4 banger seen I get messed with so much by my family for owning a 4 cylinder it's not even funny . But there good cars and fun to drive .

·
Disgrutled 24/7
368 Posts
Tempting. But a car note will cut the funds to the GN when needed. Hows the insurance is it higher cause of the supercharger? Sorry I know u didnt post here to talk about your SS but I like to get as much info that I can from a owner?/ (new)boardmemeber! Oh yeah welcome :cheers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I pay 260 a month (full coverage) thats with a pretty bad driving record

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
welcome!! my advice is to take your time and find the right car for yourself. if you are patiant you will get what you want! people get frustrated and sell these cars alot!! :6: i wanted a stock one ,sounds like you will want a fast one!! :cheers:

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
tony moore said:
welcome!! my advice is to take your time and find the right car for yourself. if you are patiant you will get what you want! people get frustrated and sell these cars alot!! :6: i wanted a stock one ,sounds like you will want a fast one!! :cheers:
Owning 2 doesn't help either :crazy: Take your time and look for the car you will be happy with. I wasn't really looking for the 2nd one and kind of fell in my lap :yup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts