Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning fellow members.I am from the eastern shore of maryland and last week my wife and I purchased a 1986 Buick Grand National with15000 original miles.We have been looking for one for a year.The interior and exterior look like it was just driven of lot.I am having a few issues though.First when Ipress brake light comes on and brake hard then goes down to floor,also when I accelerate hard motor seems to break down like a rev limiter only when turbo boost in red,and finally I need a set of tires.I took car to Easton Buick Monday(Bad Mistake)now 3200 later same tires brake light and now break fluid leak where system bolts to firewall.I am not sure what to do or where to take it I want to keep all original at any cost.I have oredered a brake booster from Kernan will be here in a week.The tech at dealer says I should order whole system.What do you think???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New comer needs help

]Good morning fellow members.I am from the eastern shore of maryland and last week my wife and I purchased a 1986 Buick Grand National with15000 original miles.We have been looking for one for a year.The interior and exterior look like it was just driven of lot.I am having a few issues though.First when Ipress brake light comes on and brake hard then goes down to floor,also when I accelerate hard motor seems to break down like a rev limiter only when turbo boost in red,and finally I need a set of tires.I took car to Easton Buick Monday(Bad Mistake)now 3200 later same tires brake light and now break fluid leak where system bolts to firewall.I am not sure what to do or where to take it I want to keep all original at any cost.I have oredered a brake booster from Kernan will be here in a week.The tech at dealer says I should order whole system.What do you think???[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good morning fellow members.I am from the eastern shore of maryland and last week my wife and I purchased a 1986 Buick Grand National with15000 original miles.We have been looking for one for a year.The interior and exterior look like it was just driven of lot.I am having a few issues though.First when Ipress brake light comes on and brake hard then goes down to floor,also when I accelerate hard motor seems to break down like a rev limiter only when turbo boost in red,and finally I need a set of tires.I took car to Easton Buick Monday(Bad Mistake)now 3200 later same tires brake light and now break fluid leak where system bolts to firewall.I am not sure what to do or where to take it I want to keep all original at any cost.I have oredered a brake booster from Kernan will be here in a week.The tech at dealer says I should order whole system.What do you think???[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please help

Good morning fellow members.I am from the eastern shore of maryland and last week my wife and I purchased a 1986 Buick Grand National with15000 original miles.We have been looking for one for a year.The interior and exterior look like it was just driven of lot.I am having a few issues though.First when Ipress brake light comes on and brake hard then goes down to floor,also when I accelerate hard motor seems to break down like a rev limiter only when turbo boost in red,and finally I need a set of tires.I took car to Easton Buick Monday(Bad Mistake)now 3200 later same tires brake light and now break fluid leak where system bolts to firewall.I am not sure what to do or where to take it I want to keep all original at any cost.I have oredered a brake booster from Kernan will be here in a week.The tech at dealer says I should order whole system.What do you think??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shore shops??

Good morning fellow members.I am from the eastern shore of maryland and last week my wife and I purchased a 1986 Buick Grand National with15000 original miles.We have been looking for one for a year.The interior and exterior look like it was just driven of lot.I am having a few issues though.First when Ipress brake light comes on and brake hard then goes down to floor,also when I accelerate hard motor seems to break down like a rev limiter only when turbo boost in red,and finally I need a set of tires.I took car to Easton Buick Monday(Bad Mistake)now 3200 later same tires brake light and now break fluid leak where system bolts to firewall.I am not sure what to do or where to take it I want to keep all original at any cost.I have oredered a brake booster from Kernan will be here in a week.The tech at dealer says I should order whole system.What do you think???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone help

Good morning fellow members.I am from the eastern shore of maryland and last week my wife and I purchased a 1986 Buick Grand National with15000 original miles.We have been looking for one for a year.The interior and exterior look like it was just driven of lot.I am having a few issues though.First when Ipress brake light comes on and brake hard then goes down to floor,also when I accelerate hard motor seems to break down like a rev limiter only when turbo boost in red,and finally I need a set of tires.I took car to Easton Buick Monday(Bad Mistake)now 3200 later same tires brake light and now break fluid leak where system bolts to firewall.I am not sure what to do or where to take it I want to keep all original at any cost.I have oredered a brake booster from Kernan will be here in a week.The tech at dealer says I should order whole system.What do you think??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Head over to OC

Sounds like you got a real sleeper.
15,000 Original Miles?
Was it literally sitting for a bunch of years?

If I were you, I would take it over to Cruisin' OC this weekend.

You'll come across a bunch of other Turbo Buicks from all up and down the East Coast.

Head over to the MAGNA board and see if they're meeting up anyplace this year.

You'll not find a greater Turbo Brain-Trust together at the same place again for a long time.

At the very least, get yourself over there if your Buick isn't up to the trip.

Good Luck with it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts