Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Adam, I live in western New York. I purchased my 1987 Buick T-type in November 2012. It has t-tops, a/c, cruise, pw, pl, 105k, and all still works. A friend of mine turned me on these things probably 15years ago and I now own one. I have run it a couple of times on an 1/8 mile track and run my best time of 8.8649 @ 79.07mph. The previous owner/ owners have added a few mods. Green top injectors, adjustable fuel pressure reg (@35-36psi), 8mm wires (generic), 9" kenne belle air filter, 3" down pipe with weird compressor boost adjuster :)dunno:), pushing about 15-16 lbs of boost wot, TT5.7 street 93 pump gas chip, street tires. I love the car just needs a good tune and a scanmaster asap. I've played with the boost adjuster a little bit and have had it up to 18lbs of boost which is what the chip calls for, however I've read some horror stories of headgaskets and blown motors and what not so I have turned it back a little bit. I have looked a little on here over the past couple of months and finally have joined so please help me find somewhere (I can trust) get my car tuned or help me tweek what I currently have myself. I recently replaced the valve cover gaskets, while it was apart I did paint the dog house and the valve covers black and sanded the fins. It looks a little better and doesn't spray the oil out when I fly by all the mustangs up here:D

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would leave it alone at 15 psi until you have a Scanmaster. Set fuel pressure at 42 with vac hose off at idle.... Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate it. It's awesome to actually talk to people that know what the heck they're talking about!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I pulled the vac line for the fuel regulator yesterday and it read a little over 45 psi, I adjusted down to 42 and it seems to be running a little better. Thanks for the suggestion

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Welcome to the board. You have a nice looking car there. Your downpipe has an external wastegate, post some pics of it and we can tell you what it is a little easier than with the picture you posted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice T Type adam I all so just got mine iam ersin nice to meet you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts