Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends just got his timing chain installed in his GN from another friend of mine, I am wondering if he got a good deal, it was 400 for the install of the timing chain and he also is getting his front main seal fixed for no extra charge, many people have said that this is a good deal, and a few say that he was raped for that price, and that they could get it for much cheaper, i am just traying to see what you guys think, keep in mind that he bought the new parts,(timing chain, front main seals) thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
It all depends on if your friend is able to do it himself and is he satisfied. A stock chain set is $20 and gasket w/new front seal is $10. I,ve done mine before and it,s not toobad. It sounds a little high to me but if the work is good I'd rather pay than get shotty work for cheap!

------------------
'87 T,Aquamarine,all crome,landau top,cornering lamps,7.90 1/[email protected] w/Red93 [email protected]

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I would think about $250-300 would be more like it and what I recently paid to have mine on the GN done. They did the rear main seal as well, and the rear control arms replaced and got the price up to $400.

Just my .02.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Well, it's time consuming to take the Intercooler out, take the front cover off ect. Sounds like most of the bill was labor. If I didn't have the technical ability to do it myself, $400 doesn't sound out of the question. Would I personally pay that? No way, because I can do it myself. (and have A LOT of practice
)

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts