Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SCONE WIZARD...
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know.,.. it ain't a Buick :rant: , but there's a few guys on here who have asked about my 84 SVO.. [if I ran it yet this year] so I thought i'd post up with some vids.. car still has the stock 22 yr old turbocharger and 22 yr old stock / original longblock and stock head/cam etc.. Added an ATR tube header, poly motor mounts, 42 lb injectors and a 60 mm T body since last season, oh and some Comp Engineering traction bars.... St Thomas was HOOKING, and they were spraying the track too. :) Cut high 1.6 60's all day and jerked the wheels every pass. :headbang:

Me vs a NASTY SRT-4..

Pulls the wheels good on this one, but the vid is kinda grainy.. went a tenth slower than the first vid.

Anyway, planning to get the stock crap into the 11.90s.

·
SCONE WIZARD...
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, 24-25 PSI.. I lock the distributor in at 27* timing and leave the 'spout' disconnected and was running race gas. Sortof a hack version of a Reds 108 R LOL..

There is some left in it, as I was running the 42 lb injectors on the stock EEC [stock injs. are 35 lb/hr] cranked to 53 PSI base, w/o any sort of chipping or "tuner" so to speak, so it was pig rich to the point of having trouble doing a burnout, and initially a bog on launch, until boost was in the 20s. Even with the bog on launching it still cut a 1.67. Once in full boost wideband shows a/fs in the upper 11s.

Once I ditch the stock vane air meter [with the barn door that opens lol] for a 90 mm MAF, and add a tuner or Tweecer, or go full standalone to get all that cleaned up, and add my 2 step so I can leave at 4800-5000 and well into boost sitting on the line, I am confident it will click off some high 1.5/low 1.6 60's and very low 12s and maybe 1 or 2 11.9xx's... :dunno:

·
cakefarts.com
821 Posts
The KING of boost is back at it! :D

Fukkin' amazing.

Am I hearing right or does it seem to bog a bit on the shifts?

Not to piss on your parade. You know I would'nt do that. :headbang:

Too bad you did'nt take a dump before the runs. That extra weight loss might have got you that 11.99! :eek!:

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Congratulations!!!!

Steve,

Way to go!!! Thanks for posting those video's, the car is running very well. I am sure that you will achieve your goals, you always do. :yup: :cheers:

I guess I should have stopped in to see you Saturday night, but I was tired and still had a long drive. :rant:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thats awesome Steve!!

Guess I'm gonna have to peel the sticker off my back window!! :wink:

·
SCONE WIZARD...
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THanks alot guys :cheers:

Paul, I was here, I wish you woulda stopped by i'd have taken you for a hell ride at 25 PSI :yup:

Dan, no, you are still quicker, and besides, I am convinced that you have magic powers with that sticker and are able to send mental signals causing your opponents to miss a gear if they are a nose ahead of you all the way down.. :wink: :cheers: me & you lining up at the track makes for the best races, or at least it prompts me to drive as hard/fast as I can :yup:

One day..... :crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts