Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current configuration: stock turbo,THDP,hot wired 340, stock injectors at 42 psi, 9 x 26 Hoosiers, Cotton chip, 110 Turbo Blue, boxed control arms, air bags, big mouth air, 24 psi boost

5 psi launch 12.3 at 110 1.7 60'

New parts: TA49, MSD 50s, V-4, S-10/rear brakes,

Suggestions on chip, installation of turbo, etc. and prediction of performance improvement would be appreciated.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Turbo installation is a driect replacement, just be sure to put the vacuum lines in the exact same place and be sure to use a new oil feed line with a new turbo.

As far as a chip Jim Testa or Bob Bailey (Bob is right near where you live) can make some sweet ones.

As far as perf dont be surprised if you run the same times until you get it dialed in. 11.50's should be very reachable with slicks

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'd say at least .3 and 3mph from the V-4 alone. Grannynational has great et gains with his. A mid 11sec pass is possible but ur gonna have to launch that baby alot harder!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the new turbo and V-4 do you recommend using a higher capacity MAF sensor or can I make do with the stock set-up? I will be running about 26psi boost.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
You will be fine with the stock sensor if it is working correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts