Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This stupid car just keeps getting faster. Ran a 6.90 at 101.58...which is the equivalent of a 10.87. Many thanks to 278CIKILLER for all the wrenching, JB Racing Engines and to Scoob for the tuning.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
isn't it great when ya move forward :D keep pickin !!!! :headbang:

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
isn't it great when ya move forward :D keep pickin !!!! :headbang:
Thanks Dan...and you taught me early on and I listened. Keep It Simple Stupid.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A few pics from yesterdays fun.

Attachments

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good car number too!
I've ran that car number for years. There's a sweet old lady at the timeslip booth...and when I walk up she looks on the wall and says "where's my devil car!".

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Way to go! I was at London, place was packed with over 175 mod cars. We only got 2 runs in and around 7 the dew rolled in and we rolled out. Had a career best too but not that good:wink: I wanted to try 3 more things and we ran out of time. :crazy:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great numbers Brad!! Good to hear the car is really coming together for ya! When are you gonna paint that car green and paint "Mystery Machine" on the side so Scoob can feel more at home - lol

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

Great run Brad.....Congrats! :D
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

dave
:cheers:

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great numbers Brad!! Good to hear the car is really coming together for ya! When are you gonna paint that car green and paint "Mystery Machine" on the side so Scoob can feel more at home - lol
I've been a Scooby Doo fan my whole life...and have him strapped in the car for every run. What's really cool is the dads with their kids wandering around the pits and the kids pointing to the car when they see Scoob. The dad will bring them over and if they have a camera then I'll sit them in the drivers seat and get a pic. If just one of these kids gets involved in drag racing...then I've done a good thing. At the end of the day...it's all about the fun.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks so much guys. This has been a long time coming...and hasn't been easy.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
time

This stupid car just keeps getting faster. Ran a 6.90 at 101.58...which is the equivalent of a 10.87. Many thanks to 278CIKILLER for all the wrenching, JB Racing Engines and to Scoob for the tuning.
That's so cool brother, So is the motor coming out Monday? You know the shops open 24/7 7 days a week.:cheers:

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's so cool brother, So is the motor coming out Monday? You know the shops open 24/7 7 days a week.:cheers:
Loading it up shortly...and then off to your shop...and yanking it tomorrow. Heading to Montreal next Saturday morning to JB Racing in Montreal for a freshening.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice times! That's haulin' the mail!

If its running good, leave the motor in.... if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :sw:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Good to hear.
Can't argue with Scoob as you co-pilot.:cheers:

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Once again guys...thanks so much. I've been beating on this engine most weekends for 3 years and it's time for a freshening. We had an overboost condition last year that twisted the DS head horribly. I'm worried about the rod bearings after taking that hard a hit...and feel it's best to freshen it up before I really hurt it. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts