Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello turbobuicks.com glad to join the party. Just purchase a 87 T-Type in excellent condition. Lot's of upgrades. Been a automotive tech for 20+yrs and can do it all when it comes to using a wrench. Will post all the upgrades later. Nice to meet you. toddmc66

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Need help on a problem. Engine pulls hard up to 4800 rpms then falls on its face until 2nd gear then pulls hard again. After market boost reads 10 to 11 lbs when pulling hard, then drops to 8 lbs of boost. Does this hot or cold. I think the ecu is retarding the timing. Fuel pres is 43lbs, checke the puck in the down pipe, seems to be lineing up. By the way this is a stock rebuilt turbo. ????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
problem resolved

I think I got my answer. Removed the down pipe to check the puck and it looks good. Removed the waste gate hose from the actuator and took it for a test run... ooohh yea. Much better but can hear KNOCK. so now I'm sure the ecu is backing off timing and boost. Need to hook up my double pumper fuel pump and install alcohol kit this Saturday. Will up date with the results.:6:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.