Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems as if after i put the stock location stretch intercooler on my gn i can't seem to get my 60 fts down. i run hoosier 26x9x15 slicks, and beofore i put the bigger intercooler on i was able to get low 1.7's and sometimes 1.6's, now all i can do is 1.8's and sometimes 1.7's. i just ordered a 2800 stall (ta-49 turbo) so maybe that will help get em down. is it normal for bigger intercoolers to hurt 60ft's or am i just not leavin the line hard enuff?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
are you spinning the tires or lagging off the line?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Are you comparing 60ft times from the same season and outside temps. E-Town doesn't start to hook until it gets a little warmer and a VHT and rubber base is laid back down after it's been all scraped clean over the winter

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes overall times dropped (12.8 at 103 to 12.3 at 110)but the thing is; i went 12.8 with 20lbs of boost on street tires, now the 12.3 was with 23lbs of boost, new intercooler, and slicks i think i only ran faster because of the boost. but also didnt think that 3lbs of boost would take off 1/2 sec. but steve wood says i should be able to run 25lbs(112 octane) i guess the intercooler only helps out on top end . no not spinnin or boggin . i never ran e town these are atco runs. can you guys think of anything else that maybe causeing this? dont think i would have to change my chip just because i got a different intercooler.i think after i get this conveter and turn it up to 25lbs of boost i should hit 11's right?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
You are comparing a lot of apples and oranges...I don't think you can make any comparisons unless done back to back on the same track, same day, same temp, etc.

Half a second for 3# is pretty good and I would chalk that up to the better charge cooling provided by the new ic.

Looks like you will be in the 11s with a bit more boost and tuning.

Without an egt, etc., it is hard to know how well your fuel curve fits.

Are you running a high timing race chip?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
then I would say that is a very good improvement. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts