Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came up with a few search returns ON the NEW 2007 BUICK GNX to be made in australia starting in september 2006

IT claims a direct injected twin turbo and intercooled 3.6 L alloytech global engine that boasts 450 hp and 465 lb ft torque with either a 6 speed manual or 6 speed auto gearbox for $ 38,500

I WANT one !!

regards,turbo e-body blackhawk38

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
with out hard proof i dont beleave it.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i take that back... did a search i guess its a go! :headbang: and it looks like i found my next car! :headbang: :6:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah me too, I have found my next car also

Does anyone know if they will be just sold in Austrailia or can we expect them here in the States in September. I have seen either on this site or the other TB site they were going to just go with the Zeta platform, because the turbo Engineering would cost too much.

·
Neverlift Society
2,293 Posts
Uhhhh....link? :wink:

·
Registered
273 Posts
OMG, noooooo not a manual trans! Buick purists will roll over and DIE!!! Every Buick Turbo owner knows you CANNOT run a turbo car with a stick! <JK> :rolleyes: :eek!: :D

Russ

·
Addicted to BOOST
810 Posts
S10xGN said:
OMG, noooooo not a manual trans! Buick purists will roll over and DIE!!! Every Buick Turbo owner knows you CANNOT run a turbo car with a stick! <JK> :rolleyes: :eek!: :D

Russ
Why not? I've driven lots of my buddies turbo 4-cyl dodges with 5-speeds and it's no problem. He's got a few cars in the low 11's now.

I'm sure we'll never see one in Canada, still can't get a GTO here.

·
Registered
323 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
gm and ford are dyin puttin a turbo in it would kill em i can live with a honkin big v8 my gs has a 455, she moves pretty good. :3gears:

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
styling sucks...when is gm gonna figure that out...the only car that rocks is the vette

·
Registered
323 Posts
I like the soltice and the saturn deal whatever its called and i sorta like the sleeper gto look, may be cause i'm getting older but would agree most of the line up is in the toilet and IMO this is better than anything else buick has put out since 87.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Somebody online re-did a GTO photo and called it the GNX. You could tell it was a GTO but it looked really cool. That thing looks like an overgrown Saturn Ion Redline.

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
Gotta chuckle every time this type of thread pops up, and it will without fail every couple of months or so.

As for Popular Hot Rodding's speculation that Buick is dead. I really rather doubt it. It's one of the highest selling vehicles in China now. Ya, Ya, I know, China. But hey, numbers are numbers. The're literally selling hundreds of thousands of Buicks annually over there.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The "zeta" GNX is a dream, put together by Popular Hot Rodding- without GM involvement. Last time GM did a GNX show car, it was a supercharged Regal 4 door, with special trim, and that was years ago. I couldn't find any mention of anything newer, doing a web search.

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
If that car makes it to the states it ain't going to look like that. From what I understand 2006 is the last year for that platform. Its the reason there aint going to be a 07 GTO. And that photo thats been floating around forever is somebodies photoshop dream, not from GM. No doubt that the direct injection 3.6 is the next step in the evolution of that motor as in its current form is being used by Buick and Cadillac exclusively right now. Seeing as we wont be seeing the new Camaro for at least another 3 possibly 4 years I wouldn't throw out the possibilty that Buick could get something in the form of that car. You'll just have to wait a very long time.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Production was stopped on the Holden Monaro Months ago. I think GTO production was done or almost done when I looked into it about 2 months ago. Bought an M3 instead. :D :D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts