Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys name is Rick out of Miami FL. just picked up a 87 GN with 89000 miles. needs some work but in time she will be new again.

first day i picked her up.

had to rip off those wheels so i got these for now.

some slight work to the motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong guys, I have put many turbos on many cars over the years... but the center section looks to be clocked wrong on this. I was always of the understanding that the oil drainback should be as straight a path using gravity back to the oil pan. Now, the reason I am asking, is that I have not seen my GN yet, and do not know the path of the drainback on our cars. Sorry just something I noticed from the first picture.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are the second person that has comment on the turbo position. I thought the same thing since oil will be getting trapped in the housing due to the angle. I think I'm going to reposition the turbo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the club! I'm also in Miami, down in the Redlands just north of Homestead. Hit me up with a text if you want my contact information. I believe there are four of us in the area including you. We should get together one of these days.

BTW, good choice on getting rid of those getto rims. The new ones look much better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts