Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody!

My name is Zaf. And I'm the newest owner of a 1984 Grand National.

I've always wanted a Grand National. In 1984 I made the mistake of buying a new Monte Carlo SS instead. Now I have the opportunity to rebuild a dream car and I look forward to being part of the community.

I have just solidified the sale and as soon as the car is towed to my house the engine will be pulled, rebuilt, and the body finished.

She has 80k miles so depending on what I learn from the vast knowledge of TB.com, and the detailed inspection of the internals after disassembly, the engine will most likely be rebuilt with a combination of stock and performance parts. I'm planning to upgrade the ECU and fuel delivery system as well. I haven't decided what to do with the transmission or rear differential as of now, I still have ALOT of research to do.

Any opinions or experience you have to share is encouraged!

More pictures and detailed info to come after the car is towed and I can do a full diagnosis on everything!

*Tried to upload images via the manage attachment window and keeps giving me a -page can't be displayed-

*I also read I should edit my sig in user settings (user CP) to include my car and details, but couldn't figure out how to do that via User CP

Thanks Guys!

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
There is good info here :6:
Being in MD, you may want to wander over to the MAGNA section of this forum(under car clubs), it is very active and there are quite a few guys in MD there.
Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot guys!

I'm still having issues with uploading pictures or else you guys would have something to look at! Every time I push the upload button in the manage attachments window, the window opens a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error page.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts