Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home yesterday and saw a GN down the street.
Came home today and saw it rolling in on a wrecker. One day before something broke, surprise, surprise....
I hope it's noting too bad, I'll have to go down and take a peek.

·
Registered
310 Posts
What's up phatman? We had a couple of GN's at the Publix/Lowes plaza (west side of 441/ just south of Southern) and we're always looking for one more.

·
Mine's BIGGER than yours!
296 Posts
I have had way too any birthdays and other "comittments" lately to make it out on Friday nught. Mainly Denny's on Monday night.

HEY - a couple of weekends ago I saw a beautiful Rosewood T at the Jog/Lantana light heading North. Stock rims and very clean looking. Is it anyone you guys know in the area?

Terry

·
Registered
310 Posts
I don't know any one with a rose wood T. But I know what you mean about every Friday night. I like to hit it once a month.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave has a dark maroon T, almost looks black from a distance. I think it has Weld's on it though, very nice car.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey Fellas,

I went by the Monday night by Denny's this past Monday about 7.30pm but didn't see any turbo people (Terry) out there. Would love to come out by the 441 and Southern meet as well on Fridays but usually have other committments, will try though if I know which friday you all meet up.

Phatman, the GN syndrome is spreading huh? My GN has a taste of that as well, gremlins persist. But Goldy is up and running pretty good. Plan to come out to the Denny's meet on Monday night if you all show up would be great.

Shev.

·
296 Posts
I had all good intentions of going to Denny's last night but it seriously looked like it might rain so I skipped it. Naturally, it didn't.

I will be at the condo on the other coast this whole weekend snook and red fishing so I will miss next Mondays Denny's also.

I'll plan on the following Monday after Memorial Day. So far, I have never seen another GN or turbo Buick there except me.

Let me know so I'll stick around. I usually leave by 7:30 unless the girlfriend and I stay for dinner.

Terry

·
Registered
310 Posts
We had a couple of Buicks on 441 last Friday. I agree, it is hard with commitments and shift work. But I try to get there once a month.

·
Registered
121 Posts
GNX 139, when is the next time you all plan on heading out to the 441 and Southern meet? Also, how late do you all usually stay out there? Would be good to come out but I usually cannot be there too early. Thanks.

Shev.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It may be a few weeks til I get there again. My shifts rotate days/nights quite a bit. But there are a couple of GN's that go there weekly. If you see them, take a moment to say hi. I will post when I can make it. Where are you at?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I went to the Denny's meet about a month ago. Showed up just a little past 7:00pm and did not see any other TRs. If you guys want to agree on a Friday night at the Publix plaza or Monday at Denny's I'll be more than happy to drive up and meet. I don't know many TR owners in the area, I usually go down to Lauderdale (Towers) last Friday of the month...

·
296 Posts
Unless the weather doesn't cooperate or something comes up at the last minute, I will plan on being at Denny's around 6:15 next Monday.

call me about 6:00 if you want to know if I'm still going. 561 909-7651

Terry

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds Good Terry,
I am planning to go there this Monday, weather permitting. I'll give you a call on Monday.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Monday at the Denny's sounds good, I will try to make it there as well, hopefully I can get out of work early enough. I might even try to head out to the 441 Publix meet tonight and see if anyone comes out there (weather permitting).

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Those times are tough, and it's a long walk from my house...

What's up Chev, and how's Dave and your pop doing? I have a new project in the works. Most of the frame and body is complete a few more odds & ends and I'll be fitting the motor. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

P.S. The GN is still on jackstands, I guess Ryan will have to walk with me.
You know what they say "walking ain't crowded"

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hello Fellas,

Just wanted to say that it was a real pleasure coming out to the Denny's Monday night show and meeting up with both Terry and Johann. We had a good time shooting the crap and talking cars. Both you guys have really beautiful GN's. According to Terry it was the largest GN/T turnout there since he has been going there (all three of us, haha), but he is paving the way for more of us to come out and have a good time.

Hey Terry, the owner of the Rosewood T you saw at the gas station came by after you left, his name is Joe and he promises to come out as well, so there should be some more support for next time, or at least a few more friendly faces.

Hey Mike, it was worth the walk man, haha, but seriously though, what is this new project? You shouldn't keep us in the dark too long. Dave and Pops are doing good. Dave went to BG for the NATS this year. We want to plan to head out to the Southern Blvd and 441 car show on Fridays sometime so there are more opportunities for you to come and hang out.

·
296 Posts
Yeah it was great meeting you guys. It was funny how much attention 3 turbo Buicks side by side got out of the cars there. I noticed some of the other owners looking at us like "What the F " is everyone looking at THOSE cars for hee hee

Cool that the Rosewood guy showed up. At the gas station he sounded like he wasn't interested in any associating but I'm glad he came over. I told him were were going to be there so his curiosity must have gotten the best of him.

HEY Johann, remember to tell Fred I'm STILL waiting for his phone call HA HA

Maybe this coming Monday will be good weather too.

Take care - Terry

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ULOSE2A6 said:
Hey Mike, it was worth the walk man, haha, but seriously though, what is this new project? You shouldn't keep us in the dark too long. Dave and Pops are doing good. Dave went to BG for the NATS this year.
It's a little premature, but I'll get some pic's up soon.
I talked to the kid down the street, he said his buddy got one as well and that he had been by the shop. He told me he met pop, but Dave was gone.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Maybe ill fire up the GN and head out to Publix on 441.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts