Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Got Homebrew!?
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of the Turbo Buick game for a while now, but the birth of my 1st child ~3 weeks ago has really gotten me motivated to get my T back on the road with an updated combo.

The car's current goodies include:

CPP built shortblock w/ Venolia 9:1 forged pistons
Race Jace girdle & billet mains on the centers
Stock freshened heads w/ 3 angle valve job
Limit TE-61 turbo w/ PTE .63 exhaust housing
Stock headers, TH 3" downpipe & 3" Torque Tech exhaust
PMAC built tranny w/ 3200rpm stall Art Carr top-hat converter
HR Parts non-adj rear control arms, lowers 1/4" longer than stock
Moser 28 spline axles w/ c=clip eliminators & stock 3.42 gear
Drag shocks on all 4 corners

As you can see, it's set up more as a weekend drag racer & not very enjoyable to cruise around in on the street. I'd like to re-do things to make it more of a pro-touring / back road carver style ride and am really just fishing for info on any updated or "new" go-fast & suspension goodies that have been developed in the last few years.

Thanks in Advance!

Doug C.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
take the drag shocks off, put an H&R rear bar set up on it..and some appropriate shocks...

Wondered where you were hiding!

Congratulations on the new baby! That will change your life! :cheers:

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
I agree with Steve, GET THE H&R PARTS REAR BAR!!!!

I drove my buddies 87 GN from Ontario, Canada to Bowling Green last month and his car has drag shocks and the H&R Parts Rear Bar and that car handled very well!!! His car had very old (relatively) small tires front and rear and on on ramps to the highway we were always going much faster than the posted speeds!

Get that bar and you will love it!!! :cheers:

·
Got Homebrew!?
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I think the HR rear sway-bar was being developed about the time I quit keeping up with the board/s. I'll have to give it a closer look for sure, Paul makes some great stuff!

Steve, good to see you still kicking... thought a rogue goat might have gotten to ya by now! :)

Anything new in the brakes / suspension arena for the TR?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Getting ready to sell a bunch of damned goats...hope I get most of the rogues in the truck with the rest. I got one damn billy that does not try to run over me, he trys to jump over me when cornered...being he is young and growing, he is only about 225# at the moment...but, I get the heck out of the way anyway.

You can spend all kinds of money with Baer on good brakes...the front brake kits are probably the best bang for the money when it comes to measurable effect...but, you need to be sure you have wheels large enuf to clear the rotors as per their measurements.

I guess coil over shocks would be the next step along with some adjustable front upper control arms...get some more caster that way...Bruce P (Doc10f7) over here is running them.

It's only a question of money :) Fortunately, you can do things on the easy payment, long term plan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts