Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car has been sitting for ten years. on the pcm, the male terminals for the pcm harness have corrosion on them(1 pin even broke off causing me to bypass it to get power to the pcm) and so do the male terminals on the chip. i get a high ilde at times and a rough start up...lobing for about a minute then it smoothens out...but it may idle high once the lobing stops. most of the time, simply unplugging the chip and plugging it back in stops the high idle. i already ordered a reman pcm but not sure what chip to get or if i should clean the corrosion off the old chip. i assumed that the corrosion may have ruined the chip. its a Maximum Effort chip but i dont know anything about it or its settings on the thumbwheel. looking for a good street car set up. car is mildly modified. stock heads have been ported and a valve job, turbonectics turbo size 62 i think is what the rebuilder said, terry houston down pipe, front mount intercooler, 3in stainless steel exhaust, rebuilt brf trans, external electric pump, 212/212 comp flat tappet cam. any suggestions? thanx

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smaller chip for pcm

got my reman pcm today and ordered my TurboTweek chip. Just realized that i also need to replace the smaller chip on the right hand side of the pcm. does anyone know the name of this chip?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.