Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a dune buggy with a 1984 Buick Grand National carbureted motor in it. I know it has some stuff done to it, but don't know everything. It has a Smokey Yunick We I and intake with a Holley double pumper 600cfm carburetor, upgraded distributor and coils, Holley valve covers, and I was told it has a different can but don't know what it is. It currently isn't turbocharged but I found a setup off a 1979 that's pretty much complete for what seems like a great price, and am planning on buying it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm unsure about the pistons in the motor right now and am wondering if it's safe to turbo it if they're higher compression than original? I'm not wanting to run a lot of boost, maybe between 6-8psi, just enough to give it some extra kick. Any insight on this is much appreciated.

·
Just another kinky six
1,587 Posts
If you can keep detonation out of it then you should be good, unless it's got high compression pistons. The only way to find out though is to pull the heads off and look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.